We’re celebrating National FPIES Day today with a new safe recipe for the entire family and a FPIES ‘Pie in the Face’ for dessert! Be sure to check back later today for the video of all of us taking a Pie in the Face!
Lamb Meatballs made with Apple, Squash and Coconut
Lamb, apples, yellow squash, and coconut flour
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 of a medium apple finely grated
- 1 small yellow squash grated (grate to the seeds and discard the middle)
- Preheat to 375.
- Put ground lamb in a medium bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp coconut flour.
- Grate 1/4 of a medium apple into the bowl. I grated the inside of the apple and discarded the peel.
- Grate 1 small yellow squash on each side until you reach the middle seed portion. Turn over and grate the next side, until you have grated all four sides. Discard the middle section with seeds.
- Use your hands to mix well.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with coconut oil spray.
- Form the lamb mixture into 24 mini meatballs and place each one into a muffin well.
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes.
- Cool meatballs and serve.
- Immediately put the pans into water to soak for easy clean up!